In this Corporate Code, Dortmunder Gußasphalt GmbH & Co. KG has set forth its requirements and principles for collaboration with its business partners as well as with business partners of companies in which it holds a direct or indirect stake.
Our company is committed to the following values:
We foster personal and straightforward dealings with our employees and maintain fairness in corporate competition. We adopt a responsible position in society and towards our environment.
Our actions are based on the principles of good faith and are governed by personal responsibility, honesty, and loyalty.
We do not conduct our business in an unlawful or unethical manner in order to derive advantages. Through innovation and a high level of product and service quality, we ensure optimum customer benefit and long-term business success.
We expect our business partners, in particular our suppliers and service providers, to implement and comply with the principles set forth in this Corporate Code in all business areas and to align their activities accordingly.
The following Corporate Code forms an important foundation for negotiations with our business partners.
1. Dealings with employees: Our business partners
– promote equal opportunities and equal treatment and prevent discrimination in the recruitment, promotion, and employment of staff;
– respect recognised human rights;
– acknowledge the applicable laws on the formation of interest groups and on freedom of assembly and association;
– provide their employees with the statutory benefits or the valid and applicable legally stipulated collective benefits.
2. Occupational health and safety: Our business partners are expected to protect their employees from work-related safety hazards and health hazards through preventive health and safety management and to create safe working conditions for their employees;
In all cases, our business partners must comply with the health and safety measures locally applicable to their employees;
3. Environmental protection: Our business partners comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations, and standards;
Within their sphere of influence, our business partners take all reasonable precautions to protect the environment, minimise environmental pollution, and continuously improve environmental and climate protection.
4. Child labour: Our business partners oppose child labour and any form of exploitation of children and/or adolescents. The minimum age for admission to employment must not be below the age at which compulsory schooling ends, and under no circumstances below the age of 15. The ILO exceptions apply. National standards for the protection of children and adolescents must be observed.
5. Forced labour: Our business partners do not tolerate any form of forced or compulsory labour, debt bondage, serfdom, slave labour or slavery, nor do they tolerate prison labour in violation of human rights. No employee may be directly or indirectly forced into employment by means of violence and/or intimidation. Employees are to be treated with dignity and respect. Employees may only be employed if make themselves available for work of their own volition.
6. Fair competition: Our business partners are fully and unreservedly committed to fair competition and fair contract formulation.
All agreements between companies, decisions by associations of companies, and mutually coordinated practices with the purpose or effect of preventing, restricting, or falsifying competition are prohibited, in particular agreements with competitors for the purpose of market or customer allocation as well as agreements on prices or conditions.
7. Prevention of corruption: Our business partners
– do not tolerate any form of corruption or bribery, nor do they actively pursue such measures;
– ensure that they do not offer, promise, or grant any undue benefits to our employees in order to influence their decision-making;
– avoid conflicts of interest that could lead to the risk of corruption.
8. Suppliers/subcontractors: Our business partners
– must communicate the principles and requirements set forth in this Corporate Code or equivalent principles to their suppliers and subcontractors and oblige them accordingly;
– are committed to ensuring that this Corporate Code is also adhered to by their suppliers and subcontractors.
9. Data protection: Our business partners observe all relevant applicable laws for the protection of personal data, in particular that of their business partners and employees.
10. Compliance with the Corporate Code: Our business partners are responsible for ensuring that they adhere to the principles set forth in this Corporate Code.
In the event of a concrete suspicion of violation of this Corporate Code, our business partners should, where applicable, carry out an appropriate review or have such a review conducted and provide appropriate corresponding support.
Where possible, we provide our business partners with the opportunity to take suitable remedial action for minor violations to this Corporate Code. Any serious infringement constitutes grounds for extraordinary termination of the existing contractual relationship.
In addition to our right to damages, our business partners are obliged to indemnify us against all consequences of violations to this Corporate Code, in particular fines, penalties, and claims by third parties or authorities.
Dortmund, adopted by the management of Dortmunder Gußasphalt GmbH & Co. KG on 16 May 2017.